We’ve all heard it when calling into a business: ‘This call may be recorded for quality assurance.’ Whether you have sales or customer service representatives handling customer calls, the same holds true for any employee, how effectively they communicate is the difference between a happy customer vs. one who will be going elsewhere. Your reputation, and ultimately, your success, rely heavily upon your customer’s experience. Much like professional musicians, who listen to their own recordings to refine their skills and make adjustments to improve, modern companies strive to reach that higher level of professionalism and differentiate CX from competitors, and that’s where solutions like call recording come into play.
Businesses today are not only concerned with the quality of communication taking place between employees and customers but, the growing number of threats and liabilities that their business is susceptible to on a daily basis. Here are five key reasons call recording is a must-have service for modern businesses.
1) Protect your company by reducing liabilities – The possibilities of lawsuits, unfortunately comes with the territory of being in business. We hear all too often how customer disputes can transpire from a simple miscommunication, and result in costly legal battles where it’s difficult to decipher who is at fault. Corporations, along with their employees can both be held liable in these circumstances, and no matter the outcome, the cost can be exorbitant. Fortunately, there are proactive measures that can be taken with services like call recording. By recording your calls, you create a record of every interaction. Recorded evidence can be extremely beneficial when trying to defuse customer disputes before they escalate into actual lawsuits. If the case were to go to trial, the recording would be a valuable asset for your legal team and could be admissible in court as evidence.
2) Satisfy regulatory requirements – There are so many different government regulations in place, it’s hard to keep up. Compliance is an important concern and requirement for many businesses, but especially crucial if you are in the financial, insurance, healthcare or legal sector. Many of these industries are required by law to record all verbal communications. Call recording ensures your business complies with these regulations and can prevent you from being fined or prosecuted.
3) Keep your business secure – Beyond satisfying regulatory concerns, there are also privacy and security concerns to take into consideration. With a call recording service in place, you have the ability to ensure that confidential business information is not compromised and can easily detect security problems. You can also monitor employee activity and help reduce any inappropriate conversations that could be detrimental to your business like illegal activity, sexual harassment, or the excessive use of company time for personal phone calls. Additionally, call recordings can be encrypted by some providers to make sure you meet compliance and CPNI requirements if relevant to your business or industry.
4) Maintain quality control and evaluate performance – Having the ability to listen to and monitor current and past call recordings provides a huge advantage, allowing for more control over the quality of the interactions your employees have with your customers. With call recording, recordings are stored in the cloud, making them accessible to listen to online from anywhere. This provides supervisors with instantaneous access and the ability to quickly and discretely evaluate how calls are handled in their natural context, and without employee knowledge. Additionally, this type of storage offers the ability to filter past recordings based upon a variety of search criteria including: inbound caller ID, outbound dialed number, extension recorded, date and time. When combined with robust evaluation report features, it doesn’t get any easier to customize reports and fill them out while you’re listening to recorded calls.
5) Improve training and develop best practices – We all have expectations of how we’d like customer calls to be handled and we do our best to communicate that to our new employees, but by having pre-recorded calls, you have the unique advantage of showing live examples of different circumstances that may arise and how you’d like them to be handled. This allows you to set expectations from the very beginning, as well as create uniformity and best practices for the employees to follow. Training and growth is a continual process and should be ongoing for employees no matter how long they have worked for you. With call recording, you can share employee’s recorded calls to address concerns on the spot and continuously improve the quality of your business’ communications.
It’s important to remember that your employees are on the front lines each and every day. In every interaction they have with the public, they are your company representation. These individual experiences can have a significant impact on your reputation and your success. If you haven’t already, the best place to start when modernizing your approach to communications and compliance is to implement a quality UCaaS solution that offers contact center services and extension call recording. Windstream Enterprise offers various options for these services, including our
award-winning OfficeSuite UC® solution. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Enter your business location zip code below for business solutions in your area.
Find business zip code