The E-Rate Program, administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), allows eligible K-12 schools and libraries in the United States to obtain affordable voice, data, network and cloud services. With E-Rate discounts ranging from 20% to 90%, qualifying schools and libraries stay current with new and changing technologies, applications and services, such as WiFi, Fixed Wireless and Unified Communications solutions
Voice, multimedia, unified messaging, presence management, mobility and other services unified on a single platform in the cloud for cost-efficient communications solutions and a more connected and collaborative school district.
Offers high-speed access for data connectivity in select markets at speeds up to 1 Gbps. This solution can also be used for short-term/temporary bandwidth needs during student testing.
Provides Internet access with a dedicated connection, enabling the same speed for uploads and downloads—up to 10Gb.
Approved E-Rate Service Provider
As an approved E-Rate service provider, Windstream has partnered with thousands of schools and libraries across the country to configure, design, install, manage, maintain and secure state-of-the-art voice, data, network and cloud telecommunication and data networks. Windstream consistently delivers the communication and IT solutions required for next-generation teaching and learning, while keeping an eye to value – maximizing every dollar in limited IT budgets.
E-Rate Eligible IT Technology, Applications and Services
A variety of solutions to seamlessly integrate voice, video and digital collaboration on an agile cloud-based platform.
Secure WiFi & Analytics
Offer secure private/public WiFi to empower educators and administrators while engaging students, along with easy to use cloud based management.
Secure, affordable, reliable and scalable MEF 2.0 compliant dedicated access for critical apps and secure file transfers with minimal upload wait times.
A Category One E-Rate eligible, cloud-optimized network platform leveraging software defined intelligence for superior reliability and control over network and application performance.
Protect against costly network disruptions and outages due to the growing threat of malicious DDoS attacks.
Optimize Connectivity, Communications and Collaboration
- Communicate more effectively with parents regarding student assignments, grades and events
- Add or upgrade to affordable next-generation services
- Improve Internet-based learning
- Connect and network with all school district locations
- Make it easier for members to find material via on-line card catalogs and reference tools
- Access more books and resources through inter-library loan programs and quickly communicate with members regarding overdue notices, reminders, book availability and library-sponsored events
- Increase membership by offering high-speed Internet service
- Engage in e-book programs, adding value to membership services