By 2025, 36.2 million Americans will be remotean increase of 16.8 million people from pre-pandemic rates.1 Organizations are being asked to evaluate how best to connect and secure their offices, users and resources.
Legacy infrastructuresbuilt from siloed tools that don’t interoperatefail to support today’s needs for remote collaboration and uninterrupted experiences. Customers don’t accept usually or almost as an adequate level of service, and employees increasingly require access to applications and services anytime, anywhere and via any device.
Then there’s the upkeep. Aging infrastructures are becoming far too expensive and complicated for organizations to maintain. As a result, vendors that provide Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) technologiessuch as POTs, PRI T1s and data T1 circuitsare raising prices and decommissioning services as they reach their end of life.
The time has come for enterprise IT departments to transform their networking strategies by switching to modern, IP-based solutions that support the growing demand for cloud-based apps, achieve business continuity and avoid the risk of downtime and lost productivity.
7 advantages of IP-based solutions
By converting legacy access technology to more efficient, IP-enabled solutionsincluding Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)organizations will experience the following benefits:
- Greater bandwidth: SD-WAN networks based on Ethernet and broadband connectivity enable multiple access connections to provide the bandwidth and resiliency needed to support crucial applications, including voice and video.
- Advanced functionality: Users gain feature-rich technologies such as high-speed Internet, mobility, security, and real-time video and audio collaboration.
- Future-proofed: Cloud-based features are continuously developed and automatically updated, reducing management complexity and minimizing disruption.
- Scalable: IP-based solutions deliver greater flexibility to adapt to your business’s changing needs.
- Cost-effective: Next-gen cloud technologies better position you for growth and profitability without heavy upfront investments or costly software updates.
- Accessible: Modern solutions promise high-speed connection anywhere, anytime to support a remote or distributed workforce.
- Centrally managed: IP-based networks can be easily managed via a single pane of glass portal on any device.
The role of the provider
There is great value in finding a network technology provider that will support a successful migration by deeply understanding your goals and challenges, offering customized solutions to meet your needs and acting as a true partner throughout the process.
When moving away from legacy solutions, conduct thorough research into service providers and never settle for good enough. Instead, find a partner who’s committed to delivering an exceptional experience by offering a choice of next-gen solutions on contract terms that suit your business.
Windstream Enterprise will helphere’s how
Businesses trust Windstream Enterprise as their single source for a high-performance network and award-winning suite of connectivity, collaboration and security solutionsdelivered by a team of technology experts whose success is directly tied to our clients’ complete satisfaction.
We’ll help you create a custom migration path that will future-proof your infrastructure and lay the foundation for an ever-changing landscape. Learn more about our solutions, including OfficeSuite UC®, UCaaS: Unified Communications as a Service and SD-WAN Concierge.
- Ozimek, Adam. Economist Report: Future Workforce. Upwork. November 2020.